There’s a new model for home and fashion in development at the Art Farm. “FARM CHIC: a little on the quirky side with a distinctly farm-flair!” Here are a few examples:
- An enamel watering pitcher with a big ol’ chip out of the spout – Farm chic.
- Wearing a formal gown while milking the goats at midnight – Farm chic.
- An old garden hoe with a handle mended with hand-headed bailing wire – Farm chic.
- An old garden hoe with a handle mended with duct tape – Not farm chic.
- A huge bouquet of daisys sticking out of a waterford vase – Farm chic.
- My plaid-patched calvin klein jeans drying on the line – Farm chic.
- Wearing my plaid-patched calvin klein jeans into town with chicken poop on the thigh – Not farm chic.
- Eating the best meal you’ve ever had on a paper plate using gramma’s silver – Farm chic.
You get the picture. So whenever you see something that is a little upscale, but it has half a hay bale sticking out of it think to yourself, “Now THAT’S farm chic!”